Saturday, July 31, 2010

Guacamole – Delicious

I modified this recipe as follows:

  • 4 avocados instead of 3 (and I left the pits in; a friend says that slows the color change of the guac)
  • 1 lime, juiced [I did so by hand]
  • I used an unknown (but significant) amount of nice garlic salt instead of salt (or minced garlic; see below)
  • I used a red onion (still half of it)
  • I used almost certainly 2-3 times more cilantro and I pureed it with a food processor
  • 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced [I think I actually matched this]
  • I didn't use any minced garlic aside from the garlic salt mentioned above
  • I used a jalapeño (including the seeds) but no cayenne
  • I also added dice cucumber, using about a third of a decent sized cucumber

Just combine everything and mash the avocados – I used a spoon and that worked just fine.

It's a little spicy, particularly when you get a jalapeno seed (or several) in a bite. The cucumber provides an extra coolness lost often otherwise lost in the creamy textrure of the avocados, but the original recipe was pretty solid to begin with.

It was (and still is) delicious. And four avocados makes a surprisingly large amount of guacamole apparently.

No comments: